The Great Awakening was the name given to a giant religious revival in the 1600s. While you may not be looking to be awakened in that sense, I do hope I can awaken you to different things I find inspiring, or just what's on my mind on a certain day.
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Moments
Sometimes, we can be walking along, living our lives, when suddenly, something happens. You know that you will remember that moment for the rest of your life. I went down to my aunt and uncle's house this weekend and decided to take a walk in the woods by their house. I was listening to music, swishing through the leaves, just off my own world. I came upon a trail that ran along a creek bed, and being the curious person that I am, I started to walk down it. The trail dead ends but there is a bridge next to it that goes over the creek and takes you to the playground of an elementary school. There was a gate in front of the playground that was locked, so I just walked onto the bridge a little ways. Halfway across, I stopped dead in my tracks. On the railing of the bridge was a Peregrine Falcon with a mouse in its talons. The minute I saw the falcon, the song I was listening to ended, and everything was quiet. It was like God was telling me to take this all in. We looked at each other for a while. The falcon didn't seem to think I was a threat. I took a picture of it, and left it to eat its meal. While this may not seem like a life changing moment, it reminded me that sometimes the most simple things have the biggest impact. In our society, I think we forget that a lot. Money and material wealth don't satisfy, and never will. We need something bigger than ourselves.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How did you get SO wise at such a young age?? You "see" more of this world in one day than most people "see" in a lifetime.
ReplyDelete