The Great Awakening was the name given to a giant religious revival in the 1600s. While you may not be looking to be awakened in that sense, I do hope I can awaken you to different things I find inspiring, or just what's on my mind on a certain day.
Saturday, December 26, 2009
Comments on the Holidays
Merry Christmas everyone! My holiday has been really great this year. I hope yours is too. It wasn't just the gift giving that made it special. My family is some of the most amazing people I know. Spending time with them is something that I really cherish. My grandma, who is affectionately known as Grammy, is a very talented seamstress. Every year she makes all of the grankids a gift. This year, she passed out a white fabric bag with a red bow to all of us. Before we opened them, she said, "Your gifts are gold colored this year. We want you to know that no matter where you all go in life, you will always be worth more than gold to us." I got a small lump in my throat as I opened mine. Inside was a gold pillow in the shape of the letter K. My cousins all got a pillow with their initial as well. It's one of the best gifts I've ever gotten. This new year is going to bring some changes for all of us. Knowing that someone cares for you and will be there is a very comforting feeling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment