The Great Awakening was the name given to a giant religious revival in the 1600s. While you may not be looking to be awakened in that sense, I do hope I can awaken you to different things I find inspiring, or just what's on my mind on a certain day.
Thursday, January 7, 2010
Books!
I'm a complete and total bookworm. I've been known to read a book in a day. At the moment, there are quite a few books that I really want to read. First, I'm in the process of reading the Harry Potter books for the first time in my life. I'm thoroughly enjoying them, along with the movies. Although, I read the first four books over Christmas break, so I'm kind of on a Harry Potter overload right now. When you have a dream that you turned into Draco Malfoy, that's probably a sign that you need to take a little break. In school my AP Lit class is reading Hamlet. I'm not ashamed to say that I am a Shakespeare fan. His plays are little on the long side, but once you are able to understand the language they're really good. I just finished reading a book of poetry by Walt Whitman. I have to say, Walt knows his stuff. Great imagery and emotion. At the moment I'm reading The Almost True Story of Ryan Fisher. It's not first rate literature, but it's a really funny story so far. And it's a good contrast when I want to go on holiday from Hogwarts. One thing I've come to realize, is that there are a lot of poets, playwrights ,and writers that inspire me. I'm thankful for their ideas that they chose to put down on a page, because they now help me put my ideas to paper. Written words can sometimes be more powerful than spoken ones.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment