2011 is such an awkward sounding year. It just doesn't have the same ring as 2010. However, I will not judge 2011 because of its name. It's only a few days old, after all. So far, it's been pretty good.
When I think back on this past year, there are many things I remember. 2010 was filled with changes for me, and I have a feeling that things are going to continue to change. I'm going to discuss the events that I feel are the most important and how they impacted me. So here we go (in no particular order)
1. Starting college
This may seem like a cop out to some, but let's face it- college is a big change. Especially when it's at Kent State with 20,000 other students. It was a huge adjustment for me. I had no idea how I was going to do it, but I did. The first week was really tough, but with God's help I figured things out, got involved, and found my groove.
2. Re-igniting the fire (h2o)
When I started school, I realized how important my faith is to me. I was tired of being stagnant. I wanted more. This first semester, God has taken hold of me and I have taken hold of Him, and neither one of us is letting go. This is the closest I've ever felt to God. My faith is my own and I am actively pursuing God. I want to do His will for my life. h2o is the church I got involved with at Kent. I found an incredible community of amazing people that took me in, challenged me, and helped me grow. They are my second family and I will never be able to thank them enough for everything they've done. This is by far the most important thing that happened this year. I am chasing after God with every fiber of my being.
3. Following God's will
Ok, this one and #2 might be tied. Following God's will is never easy. It's something that I've been praying about a lot. This first semester has been filled with a lot of changes, and one thing is very significant. I am no longer a student at Kent State. I'm transferring to Mount Vernon Nazarene University for the spring semester. This is the hardest decision I've ever had to make. I feel that God is calling me there and I would never go back on what he wants for my life. He knows better that I do anyway. I really do like Kent, but Mount Vernon is a better fit for me.
That's my Top 3. It's been crazy, but I wouldn't change a thing. I would do it all over again. I'm starting down a new road, and with God by me, it will be a great journey. In the words of needtobreathe:
Shine on, shine on
And let the others see
You've got your victory
Will you remember me
Hi Kathleen - I enjoyed meeting you at the Yackley Movie Marathon - but I have to say I've enjoyed reading about your heart for God and how He's worked in your life this semester even more ;). I hope you've found some good fellowship at Mt. Vernon (I'm sure Joe Lewis could steer you in SOME direction (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=713314664)). Blessings to you and yours!
ReplyDelete