The Sunday before I went back to school, my pastor gave a sermon about heaven. I feel like a lot of pastors don't do messages on heaven. It was so refreshing to hear someone talk about it, and it answered a lot of questions I've always had about heaven. He emphasized how we can't imagine what heaven is like because there's nothing like it here on earth. There will be no pain, sadness, suffering, conflict, it will be perfect. After his sermon, the band played a song that perfectly summed everything. The chorus went like this:
No weeping,
No hurt or pain,
No suffering,
You hold me now, You hold me now
There was a family sitting in front of me with a small daughter. By the end of the sermon she had fallen asleep, so when we stood up to sing, her father picked her up and held her. We sang the chorus again and I looked up at this little girl. It hit me. This was a small image of heaven. This little girl, asleep in her father's arms, she was content. She had no pain or sadness. Her father was holding her. It brought a tear to my eye. Such a warm reminder of how wonderful heaven is going to be.
Oh, and if anybody knows the name of that song and who sings it, I'd be eternally grateful.
You hold me now, Hillsong, Tear down the walls album. I just got that album for Christmas! It's really good :-)
ReplyDeleteLOVE that song!!!!!!