Yesterday during my English Lit class, my professor (who is brilliant!) brought up a very interesting question. We go to church and we sing and worship during the songs, but do we worship during the sermon? As I thought about this, I began thinking about how I react during a sermon. I listen, open my Bible to what is being talked about, underline things that strike me, write down notes. I think a lot of us do that. Is that worship?
There have been times where the message has really moved or impacted me to a point where I feel it. I know that God put that message in front of me at a time when I needed to hear it most. I give thanks and praise to God for moving me and giving me words of wisdom. So, I guess that's a form of worship as well.
I'm not saying you have to go to church and worship the entire time. We all react to things differently. Something that strikes a chord with me might not move you in the same way. Everyone has a different view, but we're all capable of praising God. That's how He created us to be. Give Him all the glory.
No comments:
Post a Comment