The Great Awakening was the name given to a giant religious revival in the 1600s. While you may not be looking to be awakened in that sense, I do hope I can awaken you to different things I find inspiring, or just what's on my mind on a certain day.
Saturday, August 29, 2009
A New Year
This past week was the start of my senior year of high school. My first day was Thursday(who starts school on a thursday anyway?). So far I think it's going to be a good year. A lot of things have changed this year. One thing about my schedule for this year is that my lunc hperiod is very late in the day, as in 10th period, which basically is at one in the afternoon. Now, normally 10th period lunch has pretty much all freshman in it. The senior commons, which is where the upperclassmen eat, is closed during 10th period lunch. So any seniors who have lunch then have to eat in the main cafeteria. I walked into the cafeteria the first day, and I recongnized nobody. It was all freshmen. Little, immature freshman that think they know everythiing because they're in high school now. But then a group of kids from my grade found me and we all congregated at a big table in the back. I kid you not, we are the only seniors in there. Now, the people I sit with are people that I've been through middle school and all of high school with, but we aren't great friends by any means. Sitting with them made me realize how much all of us have changed. A couple of years ago, these people probably wouldn't have given me the time of day. But now, we all talk and laugh together. Everybody is nice to each other. It doesn't matter anymore who is the most popular. We've all matured so much. I finally feel like I know who I am this year. I'm comfortable in my skin. It doesn't matter what other people think. I 'm proud of who I am and what I stand for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am proud of you too :)
ReplyDeleteAunt Michelle