Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Surprises

I love acting. I'm quite a bit of a theatre dork sometimes. So naturally I'm taking two theatre classes this year. I love getting into a character and putting my all out on stage. This semester my theatre class has been given a major oppurtunity. My teacher couldn't tell us what it was at first, only that it was going to be in the newspaper and it's on October 12th and it has something to do with the Great Lakes Theatre Festival. So this past Sunday my sister Elizabeth and I ripped through the paper. We couldn't find anything. We looked at it forwards and backwards, upside down and sideways. Nothing. So Monday came and we were basically dying of anticipation. My theatre teacher stopped us in the hallway, thrust the day's paper in our hands, and told us to read the headline. We freaked out. Because...are you ready for this?...WE GET TO MEET TOM HANKS! Tom Hanks got his start in the Great Lakes Theatre Festival in the 70s. He's coming back to do a fundraiser for them. During the day he's holding a master's workshop for 5 local schools' theatre classes and my school was one of the schools chosen. Only 100 spots were open and we got in! Oh, and it's also going to be filmed for PBS and we get to ask questions at the end. Maybe I'll see myself on TV! This is going to be the most amazing field trip ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment