The Great Awakening was the name given to a giant religious revival in the 1600s. While you may not be looking to be awakened in that sense, I do hope I can awaken you to different things I find inspiring, or just what's on my mind on a certain day.
Friday, October 23, 2009
I'll Eat You Up
Tonight, my dad and I went to see Where the Wild Things Are. First off, I grew up on this book. My mom must have read it to me and my sisters at least fifty times. Then when I learned how to read I probably read it fifty more times.I always dreamed of finding the place where they lived. One of my all time favorites. Going into the film, I knew that some parts were going to be different, since it's only a 300 word book, and half the pages are just pictures. Despite that, everything about it worked beautifully together. I really liked how all the wild things had names. It made them seem even more real. It is visually stunning, and the camerawork is amazing. It draws you in and makes you feel like you are part of the film too. After watching it, I can understand how some kids wouldn't understand the film. The story has a deeper concept than any children's book. All the wild things represent a different part of Max's personality. Carol is Max's anger. He doesn't understand why things can't stay the same forever. Judith is Max's negative side. She thinks that things are always going to fail, no matter how hard you try. Alexander is the part of Max that feels like no one ever hears what he's saying. Ira is Max's gentle side. He is the one that steps up when there is a problem and tries to solve it peacefully. KW is Max's caring side. She sees the good in people, but doesn't like it when people change. Douglas is the part of Max that wants to be accepted, so he goes along with whatever everyone does. Through them, Max realizes how he acts isn't right and that he needs to change. He grows up in a sense. Knowing what he has done wrong, he tries to make things better. If you haven't seen the film, I highly recommend it. I hope I haven't given anything away but it is truly a wonderful story. There is a wild thing inside all of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment