The Great Awakening was the name given to a giant religious revival in the 1600s. While you may not be looking to be awakened in that sense, I do hope I can awaken you to different things I find inspiring, or just what's on my mind on a certain day.
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Tom Hanks!
Yesterday my theatre class went to hear Tom Hanks speak. Actually, it was an interview. We were in the WVIZ/PBS TV station in Cleveland. It was filmed in a TV studio and we were the audience! How cool is that? Scott Simon, who works for NPR and has done hundreds of interviews conducted the whole thing. He asked Tom all about his work and he told us tons of stories about how he got his start and acting in different movies. Two people from each school that came got picked to ask Tom a question. It was so interesting hearing his answers. He is so down to earth and real, which is something that I was so happy about. I was afraid that he was going to be one of those people that puts on an act all the time and can never be themselves, but it wasn't like that at all. He was so funny and was joking around with everyone. He loves to make people laugh. At the end of the interview he took a group photo with everyone. He kept saying funny things and we were laughing the whole time the photographer was taking the pictures. It was truly a once in a lifetime experience, and I got to be a part of it! Since it was filmed for PBS, it's going to be on national television. I don't know when exactly, but they got many shots of the audience during the interview and the camera man filmed my section where I was sitting quite a few times! It was such an honor to listen to a master actor like Tom Hanks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment