When I stop to think about it, I have a huge family. I'm not talking about just my actual family, I mean my family of fellow believers. I heard the phrase brother or sister in Christ for the first time when I started my freshman year of college. At first, I didn't quite understand what it meant. But now I love it. As Christians, we are a giant family. I've been connected with so many people through my faith. It's more than just beliefs to me. It's how I live my life, and I'm so grateful and proud to have others around me that share in this.
When I call someone my brother or sister in Christ, I mean it. We share something much greater than a friendship. And I have brothers and sisters everywhere. Even around the world! How incredible is that? Some of them I haven't seen in a long time, others I talk to on a regular basis. We are a group of amazing, messed up, quirky, wonderful people. We all have different stories and talents. And we using them in some awesome ways.
When I was a part of h2o at Kent, I had the opportunity to spend my summer in Estes Park, Colorado at Leadership Training. I was all signed up and ready to go once school let out, but due to certain circumstances, I wasn't able to go. I was so disappointed and upset as I realized I wouldn't be with my h2o family in the mountains, meeting new people, having the experiences that they were going to have. I'll be honest, I still feel a twinge of sadness when I see pictures on Facebook or hear how they're doing. I really wish I could have gone.
Even though I miss them (a lot), I'm so happy for them and how God is working through and in them this summer. I know He's doing big things there. And I'm going to fly out and visit! I'm so grateful that God has provided a way for me to do that. So stay tuned, LT peeps! I'll let you know when I'm coming!
We can't wait to see you Kathleen. I am excited your coming to visit!
ReplyDelete